Saturday, March 8, 2008

Joys of Childhood


The kiddos have been gourmet chefs this week, making cookies one day and cupcakes several days later. They enjoy measuring, mixing, cutting out, frosting and decorating their baked goods. They make quite the creations, but they generally always taste good! While we were decorating our cakes, Claire let out a little "toot". She looks over at me and says "I know I had SpaghettiO's and Meatballs for lunch, but that was definately not me". How innocent they are!!

Landon and I were drawing together, making various shapes, letters and objects. When I asked him to draw a circle he said "That's a Mommy job, you do it!". Speaking of Landon, my little man has croup. We knew something was wrong when we came back from Kansas, but we assumed it was a cold. But when the barking seal emerged several nights later, it was to the doctor we go! They prescribed him steroids, which make an interesting, already rambunctous two-year-old a little "unfriendly" (in the words of the dr). He does feel better, so I guess it's worth it!

Lastly, the picture is of my "dressed-up" children. Claire tends to change clothes several times a day, depending on her mood. Landon often follows suit, but usually only gets his pants off before becoming side-tracked. This time both of them were "stylin'" in the words of Claire and a "cool dude" in the words of Landon. Well, you can come up with your own conclusion!!

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

Sounds like you guys had fun last week!! Poor Landon though, give him hugs from us:(