Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Just A Regular Day

I love days like these...just regular things happening with no "appointments" or "dates", just preschool and playing. Claire did not want to leave preschool today, even threw a tiny fit. I think she missed it so much over spring break that now she never wants to leave. I guess I shouldn't complain...if she wants to stay in the halls of learning, then more power to her! Landon has been cranky today, but still refuses to take a nap! He would not get out of the truck today when I was picking Claire up; I'm talking crying and kicking. Well, I figured if he was going to be safe anywhere, it would be in a church parking lot, so I left him. Several moms were giggling as I met them in the parking lot, telling me he was "waving kindly" to everyone who walked by. Guess he just needed to be the greeter today. Besides this, we played: outside, inside, with new toys and old, paper and crayons, and even some glue. We snuggled and watched a little TV with a snack. Nothing extraordinary, nothing spectacular. But these are the things I love about days like this...just the ins and outs of life with kids. I wouldn't trade it for anything, for these are the things mommy's remember and I love that my kids give me the chance to have these things.

2 comments:

The Hooper Family said...

Don't you wish there were more days like that? It is amazing how busy we get that we don't even realize how few and far between a "regular" day happens.

Serena Shurtz said...

I love love days like those. I just wanna snuggle and hold them close and beg for those times to never end. Just to slow down and be so thankful for them and how lucky you are.