Thursday, May 22, 2008

"I'm ready for KG now!"





Claire graduated from preschool yesterday. The program was darling, and lots of fun! Four classes were presented diplomas...they each sang their own song, and the group sang several together. Diplomas were presented to each child and then the families all enjoyed lunch together afterward. Although I did get a little misty eyed, (okay a lot) I was very proud of my baby girl! It's hard to believe that this munchkin who was born just yesterday is going to finish her preschool years! This morning, Claire woke up and after watching American Idol (yeah david cook!!!!) she tells me "Mom, I don't need preschool anymore, I'm ready for Kindergarten now!". She was a little disappointed to have to go back to preschool for a couple more days. We will have to start a countdown to KG calendar she can mark on because this Mommy is getting tired of counting down the days for her!

We also had dress rehearsal for recital last night. Things went fairly smoothly and Claire did a fantastic job on the dance! They look darling in their outfits, I'll post more pics of this after the recital. Landon stayed home with Daddy and went to Lowes' and did "manly things" like shop for sprinkler heads. This morning after Gymboree, Landon and I did some finger painting. I wish I could have gotten a picture of his "train and cars" and his "tractor" before he destroyed them. He was telling me about each thing he painted while he did it..."this is the conductor, and this is his hat, and these are the wheels, and here is the train car, this is Poppy driving his tractor, and this is me riding it with him, and these are the big tractor wheels". The picture was nondescript, but cute nonetheless!
In between we've had three playdates, which have been fun also. And I'm planning for more and more as the school days wind down!

No comments: