Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank you for Claire's hair

We received a thank you note from Locks of Love for Claire's hair. They were able to utilize it and the note shared how the sick kids are happy now that they don't have to worry about not having any hair because of her donation. Claire's face was beaming as I read her the card, and I could tell she was proud of what she had done. But as I finished, she got a confused look on her face and asked "Mommy, do they just glue my hair on the sick kid's head or what?". So, with the use of the Hannah Montana wig as a visual aide, I explained to her that a wig was made of her hair for a little girl, just like the one she plays with. So of course she asked "Why can't they just wear a Hannah wig, I LOVE Hannah's hair!!!" After a discussion about how uncomfortable, and not mention uncontrollable, wearing a Hannah wig all day long would be, the response was "Well, I'm glad I can help a girl feel better about her hair, even though I think the Hannah wig is beautiful".
Claire, by the way, is loving her "short do" and enjoys all the compliments she receives. Mommy is enjoying not fighting to comb it out after baths, trying to part pig tails (although I miss that look!) and keeping it brushed out during the day!!

1 comment:

dee said...

That is so sweet! It is so cute how they process things. Love it! Hope you guys are having a great weekend!