Thursday, May 29, 2008

Things that make me smile...

1. Spontaneous picnics in the park
2. Belly laughs from babies
3. Knock, knock jokes from a 5 year old
4. Grandparent smiles when looking at their grandchild
5. Unexpected naptime
6. Picked "flowers" from my kiddos
7. Uploading pictures and watching memories pop up on the screen
8. Playdates with no crying or screaming
9. Reading a whole story without stopping to get milk
10. Reading a whole article in a magazine without stopping to get milk
11. Hearing "I love you" without saying it first
12. Listening to my children playing calmly with each other
13. Watching those same children sleep
14. Warm cookies from the oven (okay, I know that doesn't fit, but come on!)
and finally...
15. Thinking how lucky I am to have what I have!

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

Ditto to so many of those things, especially the last. I am thinking that you have inspired me for a number 1 and without a doubt number 14 very very soon. I can almost taste the goodness!!!