Saturday, May 17, 2008

What's up dawg...

We've been busy around here, naturally. But it has been mostly just the little things that are making it so. I thought I'd share a few stories from the past couple days.
* Landon and I go to Gymboree on Thursday mornings. This week we talked about cats and dogs. Landon has already been acting like a cat for several weeks now, so he had this one down. He refused to play with a "ball of yarn" while being a cat, and he told his teacher "cats don't play, they sleep and eat", and proceeded to lay down and sleep. We stuck with being a dog the rest of class...
* Claire had a play date Wednesday afternoon with a couple friends in the neighborhood. The girls actually went outside and played, which is unusual since they only ever want to play house or princess. The playset had a trapeze bar and the girls were doing stunts, when Claire fell off (her dress got in the way). Between the tears she looks at me: "this is why I stuck with cheerleading".
* Some baby robin chicks have hatched in their nest over our patio. Landon finally spied them yesterday while we were out planting Claire's sunflower from school. He was SO excited to watch the mommy bird feeding them, and asked several questions about how that process works. I'm glad he finally saw the birds; he's been looking but not quite seeing the babies for a week!
* We had a spontaneous get together with several of our neighbors and their kids last night. It was a late night and therefore the kids climbed into bed with me very early this morning (that sounds backward?...not in our house, late nights=early mornings). Claire and Landon were having a discussion about tickling daddy, watching TV and last night. Suddenly, Landon rolls over to me says "what up dawg"...his new one-liner.

1 comment:

dee said...

How cute! Where do they come up with those things? I'm telling you Caden and Landon would be big time buddies- they sound so much alike!

I highly recommend the tire swing! So much fun, heck even I swing on it! Hope you guys have an awesome week!