Thursday, May 15, 2008

When I grow up...



Claire's school is preparing for graduation next week. This is an exciting time for the kiddos: they are practicing songs, rehearsing the program, and making decorations. Each child was given a cutout of a person to decorate as what they wanted to be when they grow up. This was a lengthy discussion in our house. We started out immediately as a doctor (this mommy was so proud)...but my how things change! We were soon a vet, a cheerleader, and finally a teacher (I was great with this too). However, by the time we decided to decorate it, Claire had questions about how long it would take to become a doctor or a teacher. When I told her quite awhile she responded "Then I"ll just stick with the cheerleader". So that's what we did. Do not mistake the colors for KU...for generally this house is full of hokies. But Claire picked the colors, and remembered my old cheerleading outfits were red and blue (oh, yes, she wants to be like me!) Claire was very proud of her creation, and it was hung up today next to some of her other classmates that were rock stars and hula girls (cheerleading sounds pretty good, huh?). Anyway, the picture of Landon is included because this is what he ended up doing as we were finishing Claire's project (guess he's going to be like his daddy!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Claire I love your cheerleader. It looks just like your mommy did when she was a cheerleader!!! Next time you come see us we'll get her cheer outfits out and you can model them, and show us some cheers. Looks like Landon wasn't too excited about decorationg a paper doll. He looks so sweet sleeping.
Love Gram
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

The Hooper Family said...

Definetly like father like son, and I wonder where Geoff gets it from...couldn't possibly be our dad!!! Lucy has missed you all this week! I'm sure your house has been a tad bit quieter!

Claire...you make the most adorable cheerleader! I love it!