Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sometimes they are so sweet...

Here's proof that even though we have rough days, toddlers and preschoolers have hearts of gold!

* Monday when we were hiking, Landon ran up to his sister and said "I hold your hand sissy". Claire took him by the hand, and with big grins they were off together to explore.
* Yesterday, Claire was running to tell Landon something and tripped and fell. She started crying (she got some strawberries from the hardwood) and Landon came to her aid. He very gently caressed her head and said "It be okay sissy, I kiss it", and kissed her knee.
* Claire was being a bit of a cranky-pants this morning as we were getting ready for school, and most of this attitude was directed toward Landon. Landon was playing in his room, and after I told Claire she'd been rough on her brother this morning, she walked in, and gave him a huge hug and said "Landon, you're the bestest brother in the whole world, and I'll never trade you in".

And best of all...
* Last night, I was having issues getting Claire and Landon to stay put and go to sleep (Geoff's out of town, again). In the middle of all the running around, we all met in the hallway. After a few giggles, both kiddos attacked me with hugs and kisses, telling me "We love you Mommy!". That made it all better...although no more easier to get them to bed!

No comments: