Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Early Morning



Okay, not really early, but early for our family is 8:00am. After we've taken Claire to school and had some breakfast...it's time to go outside before it's too hot and play. This morning a cement truck was in the back yard of the house behind us pouring a patio. Landon immediately climbed up his playset to have a look. He moderated everything that was happening, right down to the color of "the mens" shirts. He had lots of questions, one of which the driver of the cement truck answered: "How does that cement get in your spinner?". We also enjoyed watching one of our many hummingbirds having breakfast. Landon finds it amusing when the birds are brave enough to come eat while we're playing. The pic isn't a great one, but they are too darn fast for me to catch up close! I now have a recipe to make my own nectar, which will be a fun project to do with the kids (Thanks Ann and Doris!).


PS: Claire went to school today without tears!!! We walked to her room and we barely made it to the door when she hesitated...I was thinking the worse. But she looked at me and said "Mommy, give me a kiss so I can go in", which I did, and away she went without looking back. Whew! If we can keep this up, I will be feeling much better, and, I think so will Claire.

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

yea claire bear! such a big girl!!!