Monday, August 11, 2008

Other Beach Thoughts

Now that I've told our story to several people, I remembered some things that I didn't get put down in the first post...
* The "Dorito Nap" picture is a good story. Landon was eating a WHOLE baggie full of Dorito's as he started to doze. He'd wake up enough to take another bite and hardly finish chewing before he'd fall asleep again. This happened several times before complete sleep took over, with a tidbit of Dorito still left in his hand!
* When we were walking out to the beach on the boardwalk for the first time, Landon looked at me and said "Mommy, look at all the snow!". I had to tell him several times it was sand, but I don't think he believed me until he actually stepped foot on it.
* Claire is so excited about going back next year, she is already planning ahead. She's planning her "tatoo" type and placement (butterfly on her back), a new hair wrap and this time she is only going in the "non-jellyfish water".
* We spotted dolphins swimming in the water that seemed just an arm-reach away. This was an awesome sight...both kiddos were mesmerized!

No comments: