Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It's the SUN!

It seems it's been rainy or overcast everywhere we've been since we returned from the beach. This afternoon the sun finally peeked through the clouds! I took the kids outside as soon as I spotted the shadows cast on the floor...we enjoyed some playing and Popsicles. We haven't played in our backyard for awhile, with the exception of the water park creation! The kids enjoyed a little afternoon activity, as did Mommy.

I realized as we were playing that this wouldn't be happening next week at this time because my baby girl would be at SCHOOL!!! We went shopping yesterday for the supplies: backpack, pencil case, nap mat, etc. The general supplies like pencils and glue were taken care of by the PTO at Claire's school (I paid them!) and will be in her classroom with her name on them when we go for open house. Claire's backpack will have her name embroidered on it, and she even got a pink glitter folder to live in the backpack, even though she probably won't need it (pink, glitter, how could you not need it?)! Anyway, Claire has been a little nervous, but loves to talk about what she will be doing and playing at KG. She's already decided she will like computer class best, with P.E. coming in a close second. When asked about reading and math?..."Oh, that will be fun too, but I already do workbooks with you, Mom, so it's not new".

On a different subject...my little man was swinging outside today and kept asking me to push him higher. Finally, I must have gotten him high enough because he stated "Mommy, when I get bigger and bigger, and higher and higher so I can reach the clouds, I will get one down and give it to you." As if I haven't been emotional enough lately...

1 comment:

Serena Shurtz said...

landon, you're making me cry and i'm not even your mommy!!!
good luck this week meggan, we're gonna need it!